What's Happening!?!
You are welcome to browse the forum and enjoy our debates Smile
If you wish to participate, please register and log in and join the fun!
Please, limit foul language, and flaming or personal attacks will not be tolerated.
Hot & Healthy energetic, debate is welcome.
Have a great time!
What's Happening!?!
You are welcome to browse the forum and enjoy our debates Smile
If you wish to participate, please register and log in and join the fun!
Please, limit foul language, and flaming or personal attacks will not be tolerated.
Hot & Healthy energetic, debate is welcome.
Have a great time!
What's Happening!?!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your spot to debate current events and those touchy subjects you've wanted to speak your piece about!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Universe(s)?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
PrinceK
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PrinceK

Universe(s)? Empty
PostSubject: Universe(s)?   Universe(s)? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 5:46 pm

I just want to hear peoples thoughts on whether they think there is just our universe, or a series of "bubble universes"? Also, why do you think its one or the other?
Now, this is not a religious debate, but if it turns into one, so be it =P
Back to top Go down
Optimus Prime
Administrator
Administrator
Optimus Prime

Universe(s)? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Universe(s)?   Universe(s)? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 12:39 am

There are billions of universes out there many that we can see .. I'm thinking you may mean parallel universes or dimensions ... if so then I am a believer .. I feel if we are here there's no reason others couldn't be also. But then again I'm not the religious type either.

thanks ... good offering
Back to top Go down
PrinceK
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PrinceK

Universe(s)? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Universe(s)?   Universe(s)? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 2:05 am

We can see other Galaxies, can't see other Universes. But the parallel Universes is another topic that ties in with the Bubble Universe theory.

As for dimensions, they're just a way to measure things, so I'm not quite sure that there could be parallel dimensions.
Back to top Go down
Optimus Prime
Administrator
Administrator
Optimus Prime

Universe(s)? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Universe(s)?   Universe(s)? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 12:49 pm

yip you're right about the galaxies ... Lot's of people believe in parallel dimensions.
some peeps believe we go there when we die. We live in a three dimensional world .. peeps believe there are more that we can't see or enter.
Back to top Go down
JimGreer

JimGreer

Universe(s)? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Universe(s)?   Universe(s)? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 1:33 pm

I think we are here and that's it lol nothing extra ...I know boring Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
PrinceK
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PrinceK

Universe(s)? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Universe(s)?   Universe(s)? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 9:59 pm

To Optimus: I think we are talking about the same thing, just using different words.
I'm thinking of String Theory, where there would be 10 or 11 dimensions, but the ones above 3 or 4 would be too small or too big for us to notice them.

To Jim: =P well you could very well be right good sir lol
Back to top Go down
Optimus Prime
Administrator
Administrator
Optimus Prime

Universe(s)? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Universe(s)?   Universe(s)? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 12:04 am

Quantum mechanics has always been beyond my reach but its implications have always interested me when explained at my level of understanding.
Having a electronic background I have learned Maxwell's theory of electromagnetism but that's as far as I can comfortably go with a good understanding.
From what I've read (and could understand) of the String Theory it sounds plausible but I don't know enough to make a intelligent decision on it.
Back to top Go down
JimGreer

JimGreer

Universe(s)? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Universe(s)?   Universe(s)? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 12:08 am

OMG!!! This thread is soooo friggin over my head help lmao
Back to top Go down
PrinceK
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PrinceK

Universe(s)? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Universe(s)?   Universe(s)? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 9:58 pm

Well here's for both of you:

http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_mechanics

Long read, but it's one of the better explained ones I've found

Hope it helps Smile
Back to top Go down
Optimus Prime
Administrator
Administrator
Optimus Prime

Universe(s)? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Universe(s)?   Universe(s)? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 3:54 pm

ok thanks ... good read ... explains at for me a little more Smile
Back to top Go down
JimGreer

JimGreer

Universe(s)? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Universe(s)?   Universe(s)? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 4:52 pm

Thanks PrinceK that page helped a bit. Still over my head but I now have a bit more of an understanding.

See who says the internet is bad Smile I just learned something new gd pst
Back to top Go down
PrinceK
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PrinceK

Universe(s)? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Universe(s)?   Universe(s)? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 12:02 am

Glad to be of service =P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Universe(s)? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Universe(s)?   Universe(s)? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Universe(s)?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
What's Happening!?! :: Let The Battles Begin! :: Let The Battles Begin!-
Jump to: